Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A week of {no bake} Christmas party treats - Day 4 - Bugle Bites

Welcome back to a week of {no bake} Christmas party treats! We're going to keep this one nice and short because I'm sooo tired! I got started a little late because I watched "It's A Wonderful Life" with my hubby and after practically bawling at the end I'm just ready to go to bed. But I musn't shirk my responsibilities, so the show must go on. Make way for... BUGLE BITES!

These are so fun. Truly. The sweet and salty combination is just to die for. This is always a favorite of mine to bring to little parties and get togethers because they are 1) so easy, and 2) just a nice "munchy" size that everyone gets addicted to! So let's make some!

bugle bites

First, you'll need the following ingredients:
  • Bugles (remember those? Yes, they're still around... they seem to be getting harder to find, though!)
  • Chrismas colored M&Ms
  • White almond bark (found in baking section)

Day 4-1

Melt the almond bark in a double boiler (or microwave, if you're so inclined). Remember not to let moisture get in or the almond bark will get chunky. I just made a little (1/4 the package) because I ran out of wax paper. Typically, I would start with half a package of almond bark.

Day 4-2

After almond bark is melted, pick a bugle with a nice, wide opening (You know those flat ones? You can eat those as you go, they don't work too well for these treats, lol.) Dip the open end into the almond bark...

Day 4-3

... and top with an M&M. Looks almost like an ice cream cone, but I prefer to think of them as little horns of plenty.

Day 4-4

Lay on wax paper to cool and harden. [Pop in fridge to cool if you're pressed for time]. The photo below shows how many I was able to make with 1/4 package of almond bark... just for reference.
Enjoy! I promise you won't be able to have just one!

Day 4-5

Bugle Bites
Ingredients:
  • Bugles
  • Christmas M&Ms
  • White almond bark
  1. Dip open end of bugle into melted almond bark.
  2. Top with an M&M.
  3. Put on wax paper to cool.
  4. So simple.

10 comments:

  1. These are sooo tasty and fun to eat! Keep up the good work, love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try these at Christmas! I wonder if they would be or turn out as well if you used white chocolate instead of the almond?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so going to make these and put them on my Christmas goody trays. I may make some for Thanksgiving. You can use the orange, yellow and brown ones for Thanks giving. Cute idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to make these for the annual cookie swap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to add this to my list of holiday baking items. Wondering, how do they store?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just saved the day! Now I have an easy-out for the annual cookie swap. These look festive and delicious!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These would be great with chocolate peanut butter or caramel bugles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried those... but yes, I bet they would be delicious!!

      Delete
    2. well I guess I have an idea for a craft cooking project for the grandkids after they get out of school today. I think they will enjoy this. and I hope they feel like cleaning up afterwards, lol hopefully I can post pictures, lol

      Delete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!