Sunday, June 26, 2016

bubbla shorts

A couple weeks ago, I had the exciting opportunity to test the Bubbla Shorts pattern by Steph at The Eli Monster. The pattern is what you would expect based on the title - fun, cute, classic bubble shorts. One of the most exciting things about the pattern is that it comes in sizes newborn through 12! So I think I'll be getting lots of use out of this one. The baby sizes are "bubblier" to accommodate diapers (and let's face it... for added cuteness!) and the larger sizes are slimmed down appropriately.


This is a QUICK pattern to sew up. Probably an hour or less, including printing, piecing and cutting. I must say I love a pattern with near-instant gratification!


I made the 3-6 month size for my 4 month old and it fits her perfectly. She is wearing 6 month size in ready-to-wear clothing, so the sizing seems just right. The shorts are super cute and fit her nicely, while still giving her plenty of room to move, move, move!


These little shorts are definitely a hit and I can see myself making lots more for both my girls

Verdict: easy and adorable. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love how active she looks in the 2nd photo - it's a bit blurry because she's ready to move!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!